MASSAGE SERVICES AT OUR PLYMOUTH CLINIC
To compliment our Chiropractic care, we also provide Massage therapy. Elena Long is our in-house Massage Therapist at Peverell Chiropractic Clinic.
Elena spent her early years lecturing in Computer Sciences. A keen sportswoman, swimming, rowing and playing Volleyball at regional level, captaining her city for many years.
Elena’s massage work involves working in conjunction with the Chiropractor(s) dealing with patients who have chronic injuries with long term muscle spasm which needs to be addressed and also providing massage services for the more common tension type cases – patients who require specific treatment for muscles and soft tissues of the body for stress and tension and general tightness in the back and neck areas.
Massage feels great and relaxing, its benefits are listed below:
The Muscular System
- Relieves soreness, tension, and stiffness
- Improves muscle tone
- Increases flexibility and range of motion of joints
- Improves the flow of nutrients to muscles and joints, accelerating recovery from fatigue and injury
- Reduces scar tissue
- Breaks down or prevents adhesions (knots)
- Speeds recovery from exercise
- Enhances freedom of movement
- Prevents or delays muscular atrophy, resulting from inactivity caused by injury, age, surgery, or illness
- Increases physical confidence
- Relieves cramps and muscle spasms
- Reduces pain and swelling
The Skeletal System
- Improves posture/body alignment
- Relieve stiff joints
- Decreases inflammation
- Restores range of motion (increasing joint movement)
- Releases joint strain (releasing tight muscles and tendons)
- Releases restrictions in the fascia (connected tissues)
- Improves the circulation and nutrients of your joints
The Integumentary System
- Improves skin tone by removing dead cells and improving circulation
- Regenerates tissue, including burns, wounds, and wrinkles
- Helps to normalize glandular functions
- Improve elasticity of skin
- Stimulates blood flow to nourish the skin
The Circulatory System
- Increases blood flow (to tissues and organs), which can relieve much muscular and joint pain (especially associated with swelling)
- Increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients (to cells and tissues), improving and relieving congestion throughout the body
- Increases the number of red blood cells, especially in cases of anemia
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduces heart rate (helps develop a stronger heart)
- Elimination of metabolic waste
Peverell Chiropractic Clinic, 49 Ganna Park Road, Peverell, Plymouth, Devon PL3 4NN Tel:01752 253777. The Well Being Centre, Pigmeadow Lane PL14 6AT, Tel: (01579) 344090.
© Peverell Chiropractic Clinic 2012. GCC registered BCA member College of Chiropractors member. Tags: Chiropractic Plymouth, Chiropractic Liskeard, Plymouth Chiropractors, Chiropractic Cornwall, Cornwall chiropractors, chiropractic Saltash, Liskeard Chiropractor, Plymouth Chiropractor, Plymouth Sports Injury Centre.